Monday, November 14, 2011

All Stars Gala Live In Genting - 11 Nov 2011 (粒粒巨星匯云頂 - 黎耀祥、鄧萃雯、毛舜筠)









































Concert Run Down:-
Teresa Mo
1) 终生美丽
2) 无人完美 (Off Peddar theme song)
3) 不要惊动爱情
Teresa Mo dancing to Tom Jones' "Kiss".

Wayne and Teresa(duet)
4)只怕不再遇上

Wayne Lai
5) 义海豪情 (No Regrets Theme Song)
6) 爱拼才会赢
7) 旧欢如梦

Sheren and Wayne's duet
8) 只有情永在 (The Ordeal Before the Revolution Theme Song)

Sheren Tang
9) 红蝴蝶 (Rosy Business theme song)
10) 阴天
11) 隆重登场
12) 你你你为了爱情 (I Have A Date With Spring Theme Song)
13) 明星

Wayne Lai
14) 用心良苦
15) 花心
16) 童话

Group medley
17) 一步一步爱
18) 信者得爱

Throng of lovebirds may have scrambled to exchange wedding wows on 11.11.11. I can't think of a more memorable way to celebrate this once-in-100-years occasion than to watch TVB 視帝 and 視后 perform in-the-flesh. I was kinda caught off-guard as I had expected this to be "stage show" like but it turned into a full blown concert instead!! The sensational trio gave their all, alternating between dance gig, songs (a wide repertoire, mind you) and skit. Teresa Mo was the opening act and she was especially hype, this being her first major "concert"(in her words) and all. A bunch of her buddies (including former Ms HK 1985 Shallin Tse Ning) were on-hand to extend moral support. Teresa even performed a sexy dance number, strutting to Tom Jones/Prince's Kiss! She really "wow"ed the crowd. Hard to believe that Mo Mo is already in her 50s. Mo Jeh provided the comic relief. I lurv her brazen and wicked sense of humour! On the same night, I regained my "long-lost" autograph from Mo Mo. I used to have one many moons ago but due to my carelessness, her signature was smeared all over my palm. I've to add, Mo Jeh is very sweet and approachable. IMO, second to Sheren, she has the best chemistry with Wayne. Both ladies were moved to tears, especially Sheren. Teresa headed to KL for a two-day vacation after the concert. It was such a deja-vu moment when I heard the intro to Leslie/Eliza's "只怕不再遇上". Having Gor Gor's ex-gf, Mo Mo, singing this song with Wayne...basking in the ambiance and listening to this beautiful ballad, I was overcome by a wave of emotion.

Reigning and undisputed TV King, Wayne Lai is clearly a hot favourite with the crowd. Not sure if this is his first attempt in singing Hokkien song but LOL ! his "爱拼才会赢 " is goooood (almost like a native speaker) ! Hee Hee...perhaps Raymond Lam has been secretly giving him Hokkien dialect lessons. Wayne may not be the best amateur singer in town (in fact, all three artistes went off-key numerous times) but the audience does not seem to mind one bit. Wayne is very charismatic, cajoling the crowd into clapping and singing along. It was pretty obvious that both Teresa and Wayne have impeccable communication skills during live shows, something which Sheren lacks.

郑九妹 made her grand entrance by singing the classic love song "只有情永在" with Wayne. This song is the theme for TVB drama "The Ordeal Before the Revolution"....not many would recalled but I still do, Wayne actually played a cameo role as Kitty Lai's love interest. I thought Wayne was gonna sing "红蝴蝶" but Sheren took over the mike this time. Without a doubt, the best effort from Sheren has got to be Karen Mok's "阴天". Sheren revealed to me after the show that she was undecided whether to pick Shery Chang's "听海" or the less popular "阴天" but she was confident that Malaysians would be familiar with this song and true enough, she made the right decision. This happens to be my first up-close encounter with Sheren. I was probably influenced by her tough and cool on-screen persona, evidently seen in "Rosy Business" and "No Regrets", so I was sort of apprehensive when approaching her to sign my stuff. Gosh ! I couldn't be more wrong! I have the utmost respect for Sheren after the brief moment I spent with her. Despite her top celebrity status, she has no airs whatsoever and has not let fame get to her head. Truly a gifted, passionate, amazing, accomodating, grounded, humble and down-to-earth HK artiste that I have ever come across. Thanks for making my day, Sheren ! A true superstar in every sense of the word. See ? I can't stop myself from showering praises on her !

Oh..one of the best segments of the concert is the skit which had the audience laughing out loud. The "Rosy Business" drama enactment portion with 3 lucky audience was hillarious. If I'm not mistaken, the lady that Wayne had selected is a fan who had flown all the way from Canada. Just click on the video clips and laugh your heart out !

A point to note is the length of the concert. It's definitly longer than the usual concerts held at Genting. What a treat for fans! This concert is worth spending every cent. Never mind the mediocre singing, their charisma and sincerity have connected with the audience. The concert ended with a rousing performance of Sammi's 一步一步爱 and 信者得爱. Is it just me or has "信者得爱" turned into unofficial encore medley for every concerts ?!!! Hope to see them again soon - perhaps 12.12.2012 ??????