Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Astro On Demand (AOD) - Ron Ng & Bernice Liu at Times Square












On 3rd and 4th November 2007, Bernice Liu Phaik Yee and heartthrob, Ron Ng,made two public appearances at Boulevard Driveway, Times Square (KL). The two TVB idols were here to promote the newly launched AOD (Astro On Demand) Dragon Pack. Astro offered the first 100 subscribers the privilege of having group photos taken with Ron Ng and Bernice Liu. Free autographs were thrown in to entice more subscribers. The gimmick seemed to work wonders as the number of people who signed up for the new AOD package were slowly increasing as the clock tick away....by 4 pm, die hard fans and curious onlookers have surrounded the Driveway.

Dome Cafe's cash register was ringing away as many desperate fans tried to occupy strategic spots at the alfresco dining area, trying their darnest to get a good view of the stage. Slightly past 4 pm, the crowd went into hysteria when R & B (Ron and Bernice) appeared ! Not wanting to be left out, I quickly scrambled to get a good spot. Just when I thought I found a good position,my mood was spoilt by a pesky little brat standing next to me. Again and again, the monster deliberately blocked my camera lens by raising his itchy hands. My blood was really boiling then....I wish I could shove him into Dome's coffee maker and turned the tyke into "Brat-zilian" coffee. What's worst, his guardian was no where to be seen....later, I spotted her clicking away near the stage. Obviously,she has forgotten all about her kiddo from hell and left me to his mercy. Thank God, I still managed to get a few good shots despite the stunt pulled by the "junior terrorist".

Anyway, back to R & B. Haven't seen Ron since last Jan during the Astro WLTDA at Arena of Stars. Frankly,I like the slim Ron better. At certain angle, he even looks like the younger version of Leon Lai. As usual, lovely Bernice was flashing her famous toothy smile 24-7. Many would agree with me that Bernice is an artiste that you can never hate, even if you are not a fan. She has such a down-to-earth persona and you can tell that she certainly ain't faking it. R & B did a short dance sequence. A couple of fans were invited up the stage to imitate their steps. It came to an end about 45 minutes or so.

1 comment:

SEEHWEE x3 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.