Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jan Lamb Hoi Fung "Yes, I Do" (林海峰是但噏我願意) Stand-Up Comedy Show - 5 June 2010 - Genting Highlands





















With Jan Lamb in da house, there's no way to keep your jaws closed ! I think that sums- up the audiences' feeling that night ! The content was almost entirely similar to the dvd but I just couldn't help laughing at his wicked jokes the second time. Local flavour was injected to the talk show to spice things up by starting the night with "Rasa Sayang" (an ol' Malaysian folk song), followed by greeting the crowd in Malay. Wondered if wifey, Cass, was in the audience but he did briefly mentioned that his wife's relatives were in attendance. The talk-show turned out to be way better than I had expected coz the second part was.....suprise ! suprise ! Softhard's mini concert ! I've been waiting for God-knows centuries for "Long Time No See" concert and finaly, I got a taste of it ! The duo were truly in their element when they rapped their golden hits and even did a cover of Eason's song-"陀飛輪". I was estactic when they belted out my all time fave rap song - "廣播道Fans殺人事件" ! I was practically rapping along with them. Just when I thought there is no more suprises in-store, Softhard attempted the old Malaysian Canto classic that was featured in many TVB dramas - "檳城艷", swaying to the tune with the dancers. What a fitting way to end the show with TVB's EYT anthem - "歡樂今宵". I so wish they had performed "Encore" before the curtain call. All I can say is it was truly a dream come true for Softhard (軟硬天師)'s longtime supporters as these guys have never done any function together in Malaysia before during their heyday. They were responsible for turning me into a Canto rap freak. The icing on the cake is that I successfully got the duo to autograph my "Long Time No See" cd and took a couple of pixs with them. I told Eric Kot that they should seriously converge here for a full length "Long Time No See" concert ! He asked me to bring this to Genting's attention !