Sunday, October 21, 2012

Joey Yung N6 concert in Genting, Malaysia (容祖兒N6巡迴演唱會-云顶)- 20 Oct 2012


I wished that headlines in the local dailies have screamed about what a blast Joey's concert had been...too bad it was overshadowed by Joey's harsh words directed to Genting's security team for so-called physically harassing her fan club members. Now, I do not condone lunatic and overzealous securities manhandling concert goers but in this case,if I have to give an unbiased account, some of the blame should fall on the fans' shoulders, too. Having been to numerous concerts, all I can say is if you think Genting security was nasty, wait till you have a taste of militia like rude security personnels from local organizers like "Gxxxxxx"(which I avoid like the plague). Suffice to say the hoopla would never have occurred had the fans returned to their respective seats after being repeatedly shone at with torch lights and reminded to toe the line. By not budging, they are actually blocking the view of other paying spectators who were there to enjoy Joey's explosive performance. I have waited for this concert for close to 2 years..to be honest, I almost lost hope of it being ever staged in Malaysia. Usually, the gap for Malaysia stop-over after Joey's concert dates in HK should be pretty close but not for N6. Having said that,I'm glad that Joey didn't skip Malaysia but just a tad disappointed that she had not extended her stay in Malaysia to promote "Moments." When it comes to showmanship, Joey has always been marvellous in my eyes and yes, I'm a super hardcore fan. The audience was clearly immersed in Joey's incredible vocals when rendering evergreen ballads. I'm totally impressed with "加大力度" too ! The fancy footwork was really cool ! From her earlier phone interview prior to the concert, I was under the assumption that more Mandarin tracks will be on the rundown but only one was performed, which was the aforementioned song. No complaints from me since a long list of her Canto hit songs were glaringly missing from the list. On a personal note, I have to say that for the past couple of months, I'm in a turmoil over Joey's budding romance (which used to be "bromance" in the past) with Wilfred Lau. Even if she can't be with Denise anymore, I hope that she ends-up with someone else who is more deserving and decent. Just my instincts...although I have utmost respect for Joey, I don't have a good impression of the scumbag. My wish list for 2013 is that Joey ditched this spineless dude. "越唱越強" always puts me in high spirit but the rearranged version by Eman Lam fails to do so. Too bland for my liking. Another segment that did little to impress me is "蛇/Mad About U/桃色冒險" (which coincidentally might not go down well with some of the underage audience in conservative Malaysia) but watching sensual Joey in skimpy lacy outfit does fuelled my visual satisfaction. Joey's stunning and perfect timing for "Scream" dance intro was so freaking energetic and I'm pleased that she included "空港".  To see Joey strumming away on her guitar was indeed a sight to behold. You don't see Joey playing musical instruments often. Understandably, "黃色大門" was omitted...I don't think I will ever see her crooning this song again in the near future. The constant chanting of "encore" after the show had wrapped-up brought Joey back to the stage for an impromptu unplugged rendition of fan club anthem - "Be true." While watching Joey performing this song, deep down in my heart, I can't help but wish that Joey will "be true" to herself when it comes to affairs of the heart. 曲目Rundown :- 逃/加大力度/誰來愛我/牆紙/啜泣/花千樹/世界小姐/瘟/全身暑假/流淚眼望流淚眼/山口百惠/蛇/Mad About U/桃色冒險/飛/習慣失戀/痛愛/破相/Scream/夢路/喜喜/未知/隆重登場 安哥曲:空港/連續劇/逃避你 第2次安哥曲:越唱越強